Wednesday 2 September 2015

August Favourites!

Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today's post is going to be a good old favourites post for the month of August. It breaks my heart that summer is over and I have to go back to school tomorrow, even though it feels like we only just broke up for the holidays :( But never mind, I need to look at it like a fresh new start...


Right let's start off with makeup-y bits. My first favourite has been Bourjois' Bronzing Primer. This is a gorgeous mousse bronzer that blends into the skin beautifully. The product has quite a warm, orangey undertone so it is definitely a bronzing product over a contouring product. From what I can gather it is very similar to Chanel's Soleil Tan de Chanel cream bronzer, but Chanel's has a much firmer and less moussey texture and a bit less orange-y, however with Soleil Tan being £32 and this bronzing primer being juts £9.99 I'm not going to complain.

I've also really been loving Sleek's Pixie Pink blush. This bright pink blush looks terrifying but when applied with a light hand it looks stunning. In August I've had a very slight tan (I emphasise slight), and this blush has been a beautiful pop on my cheeks. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting much use out of this as the weather gets colder, but it's been a fun little summer romance!

Next up is the Naked Basics 2 Palette. You might remember I got this palette for Christmas and I've been dipping in and out of it since then, but during August I've been using it nearly everyday! It's so easy to create a really put together look. In particular I like to apply Stark all over the lid, pop Primal in the crease, Skimp on my brow bone and finish off with a bit of gel eyeliner and lashings of  mascara. Easy-peasy.

And finally for makeup is the only brow product I've been using- Hourglass' Arch Brow Pencil in Blonde. I honestly have no complaints about this product. Its an ideal colour match for my brows, is so easy to apply and so far it has lasted me ages. If you'd like a more in depth review of this brow pencil have a look at my post all about Hourglass.

 
And now onto non-makeup-y bits. I picked up the Impulse body spray in Tease this month and I've been using it loads. The bottle says it has red fruits and woods, and as much as I'd like to elaborate on this description I can't describe scents so I won't attempt to! But all you need to know is I like it- it's in my school bag ready to go. And if you fancy having a good old sniff in Boots go for it :)

Recently I've been using the Coconut Original Source shower gel. I love all of the Original Source shower gels because they all smell insane and are super cheap! The coconut one has really been taking my fancy this month, and makes me feel like I'm on a tropical holiday for just a moment... even though I very definitely haven't.

Just a little favourite is my daisy hair scrunchie! I got this from New Look at the start of the summer and I feel like the two of us just have a bond. There's not much I can say about a scrunchie, but it's cute and makes my pony tail look adorable and that's that.

My final favourite for August has been my leather jacket that I included in my OOTN | Girls Night. I've got so much use out of it this month because it hasn't been overly warm so it's been easy to just chuck on and looks it a tad more dressed up than I actually am. I'm guessing soon enough I'll have to start pairing this with a chunky scarf rather than pretty sandals- I have mixed emotions about this...

And that is everything I've been loving throughout the month. I haven't done a monthly favourites in ages so I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I have writing it!

Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment