Friday 5 June 2015

My New Love: Hourglass Cosmetics

Last week I was browsing around John Lewis and once again fell upon the Hourglass counter. Their setting powders have been raved about for the last year and I've always looked and swatched away at them but never picked one up...until last week.
 
The lovely Hourglass rep came over and asked if I would like to have my makeup done to try out the products, and well who am I to refuse!! She sat me down and talked me through all of the products. Lets just say me and my mum were sold! We even came back a couple of days later to an event where you could meet their national makeup artist and have your makeup done. We picked up quite a few Hourglass products so I thought I'd tell you a bit about them and share my knowledge as I really do think they're not given the hype they deserve.
 


On our first visit I picked up the Ambient Lighting Palette and the No.28 Lip Treatment Oil. First things first the packaging of all of the products is absolutely stunning. Very sleek and subtle in a gorgeous metallic browny-bronze shade. An added bonus is the product is amazing too ;)

The Palette contains three powders: Dim Light, Incandescent Light and Radiant Light. These powders are designed to filter light to be flattering and make your skin look radiant and natural but flawless. Dim Light is your standard setting powder that gently makes your skin look dewy. Incandescent Light is your highlighter that really makes my cheekbones pop, and because it's so finely milled it isn't in your face. Radiant Light is the contour/bronzy shade. This is spot on for a daily contour and it's not matte which could be off putting, however because it is so subtle it really doesn't bother me and you can't really tell on the skin (good considering its meant to be natural!!). I honestly can't see any faults with this palette so stay tuned!!

The Lip Oil is bizarre but brilliant. It contains 28 different natural oils in order to give you lips a full treatment. It conditions deep into the lips rather than just sitting on the surface like a standard lip balm. My lips feel plumper and softer since using it, apparently even some men buy this product so it really must be good! The assistant said she even applies it to the area above her lip to sooth that area because we've all been through that post-cold-stage where that bit of skin is red raw!


On our return to the counter I got another palette, this time the Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. Fun fact: These blushes are hand made in Venice so no two blushes are exactly the same- I love knowing my palette is special. Just like the powders, these are dewy and natural looking and the blushes include, Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra, Mood Exposure. They are amazing when all used together but they are also obviously fab individually. Luminous Flush is your natural pink, Incandescent Electra is the most luminescing and highlighting of the three, and Mood Exposure is much deeper and even suitable to be used as a contouring shade. I won't go into much more depth than that as I am still experimenting with the different shades, so hopefully we'll have a blog post in the near future...

Also I got the Arch Brow Pencil which I have completely fallen in love with. It is quite a waxy pencil and although I've never tried it, I imagine it to be quite similar to the Anastasia Brow Whiz. Mine is in the shade Blonde and initially I thought this would be way too light but it builds up really nicely. There is a spoolie on one end (so useful) and looks really natural but shapes and fills my brows like a dream.

As well as getting all these goodies I was also given a sample of their Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara. No surprise I'm also loving this! It is more natural than what I normally go for but it doesn't transfer which is a change for me and really does lengthen my lashes. So I'll probably be popping back in a couple of weeks to pick a full size tube up.

Lastly I got a sample of the No.28 Primer Serum (not photographed), which as the name says, is used as a primer and a serum. So you can include this in you skin care routine and to prep for you makeup. Like the lip oil it contains 28 different oils to moisturise into the deeper layers of the skin. This is brill. It claims to make your makeup waterproof and considering I have oily skin I was sceptical- but it honestly works. Also it smells incredible!!


Well that's everything I got from Hourglass and I have been so impressed. I must say their service was brilliant, you could tell the girls were passionate about the products and they were super friendly. I will definitely be heading back to the counter ASAP and I 100% recommend trying out the brand to anyone who hasn't- you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for reading xxx

P.S. How lucky was I with the weather and the view when taking these pics?!

No comments:

Post a Comment