Monday 3 August 2015

Favourite Lip Combo

Today I'm going to share with you the lip combo I've been loving recently. It's a lovely pinky nude, that actually has a subtle brown undertone that hasn't picked up that well on camera.


So I like to prep my lips using the Hourglass Lip Oil and the Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub. I use the lip oil daily to keep my lips moisturized and soft because I can't stand having chapped lips! If you struggle with dry lips I really recommend this product, it's expensive but worth the investment if you're lips get very dry.

I don't use the lip scrub all the time because I don't always feel the need to, but if I'm going out or wearing a bold lip I will put in the extra effort. Again I really recommend this if you have dry lips because it gets the job done, but personally I don't find this to be an absolute necessity.

L-R: Eastend Snob, Faux, Parfait

For the actual lip combo I like to use three products. Firstly I line my lips with the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob. This lip liner is really soft so you can blend out the edges, which I do as it's slightly too dark for this particular lipstick. And apparently this is a good dupe for Miss Tilbury's Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk, so if you're not willing to bite the bullet and invest in that, why not give this one a go?!

Next I apply Mac's Faux, which is a gorgeous brown tone nude. It's very creamy, with a satin finish. It is quite a deep shade, so if I'm going out quite often I'll leave the look here. Also I must add that Faux doesn't really require a lip liner, quite often I'll just throw it on but I prefer it looking a little more put together.

I like to top of this look by applying a little bit of Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in Parfait to the centre of my lips. I do this for two reasons: 1) it lightens up Faux for an everyday look and 2) it adds a bit of extra moisture to my lips, as sometimes just the liner and lipstick can dry my lips ever so slightly.


And that is my favourite lip combination! Like I mentioned, I do chop and change the products e.g. for school I just use Faux and Parfait. I really love all these products together because they look very natural but you still appear to have put a bit of effort into your makeup!

Thanks for reading xxx

2 comments:

  1. This looks so nice on you! I love Eastend Snob and the Lush Lip Scrub. Think I've just added Faux to my MAC lipstick wishlist!
    Laura x FloraLooTwo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete