Monday 27 July 2015

Lush Fresh Face Mask 'Cupcake' | Review

Today I'm doing a review of Lush's 'Cupcake' Face Mask, as I'm sure you gathered from this post's title.


'Cupcake' is aimed towards oily teenage skin so I thought it would work well for me, seeing as I have combination skin. Lush claim that the mask cleanses, tones, softens and moisturizes the skin, so I had high hopes!

It's described as chocolate heaven which I really didn't get to be honest. Now the main ingredient is cocoa butter and powder (along with rhassoul mud, linseed and fresh mint), and the colour is chocolaty, but I expected it to smell like chocolate or something which it definitely does not! It has a fairly strong smell that I have no clue how to describe! I have mixed opinions on the scent, it certainly wouldn't be my first choice and I can see why some people would really be put off by it; I personally don't find it that offensive and can get past it.

 
I love the packaging of all the Fresh Face Masks. The little black round pots are very simple, and considering they have to be kept in the fridge, they're the perfect size to take up minimal space! Also the pots have all the info on them that you could possibly need, so if you've been sold it in the shop and have forgotten some of the details you were told, there's no need to worry.
 
 
Okay so I applied this onto dry skin, left it for 10 minutes and then removed it using warm water with a flannel. It applied easily and felt like it was gently exfoliating my skin due to the grainy texture and bits of linseed in the mask. It removed easily once dry but my flannel did need a good rinse after!


A couple of days after using the mask for the first time I did break out, but I'm assuming that's just because it was cleansing all the gunk from my skin. Once that cleared, my skin was so clear and soft. I found it calmed the redness in my skin and did make my T-zone less oily. I think when I use it again I might just apply it to my T-zone as that is my main problem area.

You can get Lush's 'Cupcake' Face Mask for £6.50, which I think is such a great price for such a fab product that does actually work and has I'd say about 6 uses. Oh and it's vegan!

Once I've used up this pot I will definitely be repurchasing this product, and I highly recommend it for oily/combination skin.

Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment