Sunday 18 October 2015

Autumn Makeup Look

Now that we're over half way through October, Autumn has very definitely arrived. I know this for a fact as I've started reaching for my scarves before heading off to school! Because we're in Autumn already I thought I'd share with you this everyday makeup look for the colder months with three different lip options to suit everyone.


I start off using my L'Oreal True Match Foundation for my base. This is my absolute favourite foundation- the shade range is excellent, the finish isn't matte or super dewy, and it is very affordable! I'm very intrigued to try out the new formulation of this. I then pat on the Soap & Glory Kick-Ass Concealer. This is a correcting concealer with two shades as well as a powder included. It gives rally good coverage but because it is so creamy you really do have to set it with the powder. As the two shades are included it means I can use this concealer for my dark under eyes (the pink shade) as well as covering any redness (the yellow shade).

 
As per usual, using the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil I fill in my eyebrows. Then on my eyes I start as always with my Nars eyeshadow primer- full review here. Then I apply the shade Stark from the Urban Decay Basics 2 Palette all over my lid and follow this by gently blending the shade Cover through my crease with a fluffy brush. Next I used Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel eyeliner and applied a thin line on my lash line. Sometimes I'll go for a small flick, today I wasn't felling it, either way I think you can' go wrong with a bit of black liner. Then of course I curled my eyelashes and used Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascara. I have been loving this recently! I won't go into too much detail because I'm planning on doing a full review on this mascara, but it really is sensational! 
 
I set all my makeup in place using my trusty Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder before dusting on Hourglass's Mood Exposure Blush. Oh my god this blusher is perfect for autumn. I don't know how to describe it, it's like a dusty plum taupe colour. It looks fairly dull in the pan but on the cheeks it gives a gorgeous deep colour as well as a lovely dewy finish so you can forget about adding your highlighter! The photos don't do it any justice- just trust me.
 

Now onto the lips. In the first photo I'm wearing Estee Lauder's Pure Colour Envy lipstick in Brazen. With this lipstick I do also use Collection's Lip Definer in Damson just because it's such a bold colour. Personally I find this is more of an evening/ going out lipstick, but if you're brave enough to wear this as an everyday colour then go for it! With the lip liner I find this lipstick wears off nicely so you don't need to worry about being left with a patchy lip.


Here I've got on Revlon's Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. This is more appropriate for an every day look. It's a nice sheer berry pink, that you can apply on the go and it's cheap!

The final lipstick option I tend to reach for is Mac's Plumful. This is a bit bolder than the Revlon Lip Butter but not as daring as Brazen. The lustre finish is lovely and glossy, without sacrificing the pigmentation. Again this lipstick wears off evenly, and lets be honest you just can't go wrong with a Mac lipstick :)

And that is my finished autumn makeup look! It is very simple and natural with subtle autumn elements. I hope you enjoyed this post and you can look forward to more autumn/seasonal posts coming up soon!

Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment