Saturday 4 October 2014

September Favourites!


Today is my first monthly favourites post! I've decided I'm going to split my favourites into 3 different categories: Makeup, Body and Others...
 
Makeup:

 
Throughout September I've loved using my Benefit Hoola bronzer. I've been using it to do a subtle contour (because who doesn't love a good bit of contouring?!) and to warm up my face. This month I've found that because I've still got a bit of my summer tan left I do need to bronze round my face a tad and Hoola does the job perfectly.
 
As well as Hoola I've been enjoying my Revolution Focus & Fix Brow Shaping Kit in Medium Dark. I bought this at the end of August and it only cost me a couple of pounds. The kit includes three powders, a setting gel, a pair of mini tweezers and a mini angled brush. I use the top right shade which is pretty much a perfect match for my brows. As I wear very natural makeup on a day to day basis I find filling in my brows really completes my makeup look and this kit is so handy as everything is in one tiny palette!
 
I bought the Isadora Twist-Up Gloss Stick in Lovely Lavender when I visited Poland earlier this year. Isadora is actually a Swedish brand, but you can buy their products online in the UK. This Gloss Stick is pretty much identical to others like it on the market e.g. Clinique Chubby Stick and Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm. I have been using this every day as it's very natural looking, so perfect to wear to school but it also adds a hint of colour and gloss. Also it's moisturising which is perfect as the weather has finally started to get colder! This basically hasn't left my schoolbag for the entire month and I doubt it's going anywhere soon!
 
Body:

I bought the Body Shop's Mango Body Sorbet as I kept using my friend's during the summer and I was obsessed! Needless to say my obsession has continued throughout September! The scent is to die for and just brings back memories from summer. I'm a massive fan of The Body Shop Body Butters but I think the Sorbet is a bit lighter and soaks into my skin much quicker than the Body Butters do. I also have to point out that I'm in love with the matte packaging, so chic!

Another Body Shop product I've been loving this month is the Coconut Hand Cream. This is the perfect size to fit into my pencil case, which is a must as I can't do anything if my hands feel the tiniest but dry (such a diva!!). Like all Body Shop products this smells BEAUTIFUL and Coconut is probably my all time favourite scent. Just to highlight how good this hand cream is my whole psychology class is in love with it and even the boys ask for some when I share it out during our free periods ;)

This month I've been finishing off the Original Source Lime Shower Gel. It smells soooo incredible and really manages to wake me up in the mornings. It's fairly moisturising too and it's only a couple of pounds! The plan is I'll finish this up and then I think I'm going to try their coconut shower gel as I reckon it'll be more appropriate for the colder months, but I'll definitely be getting this again when summer returns.

Others:
 
On my nails in September I've constantly been wearing OPI Russian Navy. It's a beautiful metallic deep indigo shade. I really like how it's navy as it's a bit different to black but in certain lights it still looks black on your nails. I think it looks really sophisticated and elegant and I've had so many compliments about this nail polish.
 
In my hair I've been adding these little scrunchies. I personally find my go to hairstyles can get a bit boring so by simply adding a scrunchie it looks like I put in that little more effort into doing my hair. These came in a three pack form Accessorize but they are everywhere at the moment! My favourite is the floral one as my whole uniform is black so I prefer to add that splash of pink.
 
One particularly random favourite is my hole re-inforcers! I mentioned these in my Back To School Haul and I explained how I didn't expect to use them. Well guess again I've been using them religiously! I found it quite therapeutic to sit in front of the telly before I go to bed and go through my folders adding these bad boys! I think by the end of the school year when it comes to revising I'm going to really appreciate using these as my folders will still be super neat and tidy!
 
So that's everything I've been loving in September! Let me know if you like the idea of me doing monthly favourites as I really enjoyed writing this post :)
 
Thanks for reading xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment